Get Blood Flowing and Energize Your Health by Walking, Standing, Chiropractic, and BEMER Vascular Therapy
Did you know most adults spend 10 hours or more each day sitting? Sitting and inactivity is extremely harmful to your health and fitness. Inactivity is the fourth biggest killer of adults worldwide according to the World Health Organization.
There is a saying that sitting is the new smoking – and the overall death rate is the same for both conditions. There are over 10,000 published studies confirming the fact that chronic sitting is an independent risk factor for ill health and early death. And now with the pandemic and everyone staying at home more, the problem grows.
Sitting is detrimental because it dramatically reduces blood flow and reduces the efficiency of biological processes. On the upside, walking, standing and moving have beneficial effects on your metabolic health. Simply taking a five-minute walk for every hour spent sitting has been found was found to counteract the heart disease risks associated with chronic sitting.
Easy Steps to Improve Your Health with Movement
To maintain strong, vibrant health, strive to get near-continuous movement throughout your waking hours. Try incorporating these practices to combat the effects of too much sitting.
· Stand up more. The act of carrying your own bodyweight on your legs, even if just standing upright, is enough to activate muscular and cellular systems that process blood sugar, triglycerides and cholesterol.
· Walk more every day. The beauty of walking is it is simple, free and does not require any training or equipment. The current recommended amount is at least 2.5 hours per week.
· Move every hour. Break up your sitting at least once an hour or more. Reserving all of your movement for the end of the day will not counteract the damage incurred while sitting all day long.
· Incorporate more movement into your daily routine. Park a bit farther away from your destination at the office, when shopping, and on your daily errands.
· Use a stand-up desk. You are not sitting if you’re standing, and that’s a good thing for your health. Start with a few minutes per hour and work your way up.
· Increase the minutes and intensity of your walking. Any amount over the recommended minutes will dramatically improve your health. Alternating brisk walking with a moderate pace will increase your results. Start with three minutes of fast walking followed by three minutes of slow strolling completing five sets of intervals totaling 30 minutes of walking at least three times a week.
Utilize BEMER Therapy to enhance localized blood flow, stimulate healthy muscles, enhances nutrition and oxygen supply, endurance and performance, and stress reduction and relaxation. The BEMER medical device is a Class 2 cleared wellness therapy system from Europe that has been used for over 21 years to improve microcirculation and is now available at Foresight Chiropractic for in office sessions and for home use. Ask us about a complimentary session.
Regular chiropractic care and spinal checkups reduces the stress on the nervous system. Emotional, Chemical, and Physical Stress accumulates and takes a toll on the body, both mentally and physically. Check in with your chiropractor for regular checkups to improve the body’s ability to function.
For more health tips, to receive a complimentary BEMER therapy session, and to schedule a free consultation, call 480-325-6977. At Foresight Chiropractic, the Valley’s premier Wellness Center, the Doctors are Board Certified Atlas Orthogonal upper cervical specialists, focused on restoring and optimizing health from a whole person perspective. Check out the patient reviews on our website. Here’s to your health!