Exercise and chiropractic work together to improve your health and reduce the risk of chronic diseases and slow the aging process. A few of the key benefits of exercise include:
· Reducing harmful effects of stress. Exercise boosts levels of soothing brain chemicals such as serotonin, dopamine, and norepinephrine. Exercise may actually work on a cellular level to reverse stress's toll on your aging process.
· Helps combat depression. Sustained, sweat-inducing activity can reduce symptoms of depression as effectively as antidepressants and without the harmful side effects!
· Improves learning. Exercise increases the level of brain chemicals (called growth factors) that help make new brain cells.
· Builds self-esteem and improves body image. Just exercising and seeing yourself improve your fitness will improve your self-esteem and body image.
· Good for the brain. Exercise lowers the activity of a protein which slows the production of new brain cells – and also activates the production of new brain cells. And it keeps your mind sharp and can reduce dementia and aging symptoms.
· Lose weight. Sustained physical activity increases your metabolism and helps you lose weight. A healthy weight improves self-esteem and reduces your risk for chronic disease.
Exercise and chiropractic care together optimize your health potential. Chiropractic supports the core of your health by clearing your nervous system and removing spinal subluxations (misalignments) that inhibit your mobility. Dr. Keith Lavender, a Board Certified Atlas Orthogonal Chiropractor, specializes in precise, gentle chiropractic and exercise therapy. Call 480-325-6977 today.