4 Natural Ways to Ease Your Sciatica Pain
Sciatica pain can be intense and tough to manage. The most effective treatments focus on reducing inflammation around the sciatic nerve, which can be caused by chemical and mechanical pain.
While some rest or activity modification may be necessary to help reduce inflammation, most doctors believe it is important to maintain as much activity as possible and avoid prolonged periods of physical inactiveness or bed-rest.
Seek Treatment Early
It is important to treat sciatica as early as possible using nonsurgical methods. Treatment of sciatica typically includes some combination of Chiropractic care, an anti-inflammatory diet and supplements, and additional natural therapies.
Here are some of the best ways to effectively treat sciatica:
1. Chiropractic Therapy
Gentle and precise adjustment of the spine, performed by an Atlas Orthogonal upper cervical chiropractor, improves the alignment of the spine and balances the central nervous system. Chiropractic care helps to address the underlying conditions that can cause sciatic nerve pain. Spinal adjustments reduce stress on the nervous system and create a better healing environment. It is a safe and non-invasive approach to wellness care.
2. BEMER vascular therapy is an FDA Class II Medical Device that has been used throughout Europe for over 23 years and in available at Foresight Chiropractic. BEMER enhances nutrient and oxygen delivery, local blood flow, waste removal, muscle conditioning, stress reduction and relaxation, and the temporary relief of aches and pains. Circulation plays a critical role in our overall health and well-being.
3. Low Level Cold Laser treatment works to reduce inflammation and pain. Targeted treatment has proven to be very beneficial when combined with Chiropractic care and BEMER therapy.
4. Massage Therapy
Certain forms of massage therapy, such as deep tissue massage, have proven benefits for pain relief. The benefits of massage therapy include:
· Improving blood circulation, which helps to create an effective healing response in the body
· Relaxing tight muscles, which may be contributing to the pain
· Release of endorphins, which are hormones in the body that function as natural pain relievers
For more information, call 480-325-6977 to schedule a free consultation with one of the Board Certified upper cervical Atlas Orthogonal specialists. Ask if combining Chiropractic care with BEMER vascular therapy and Low Level Cold Laser session is right for you. Call today and find the relief you are looking for.