Are You Actively Taking Care of Your Brain Health? Gilbert AZ
What is good brain health? A healthy brain means you are tapping into your full potential, improving your memory, slowing down the aging process, and strengthening your brain.
Take charge of your brain health! Experts recommend the following actions to strengthen and improve your brain and your overall quality of life:
1) Exercise. Exercise increases the amount of good chemicals in the brain and supports increased blood flow that feeds, strengthens and repairs the brain. Even a 20-minute walk or workout helps facilitate information processing and memory. Exercise stimulates brain plasticity by stimulating cell growth and new neuronal connections.
2) Receive Upper Cervical Chiropractic Care. The brain is the master control system of the body. The spinal cord and nervous system that is housed in the spine is the communication network to every cell, organ and gland in the body. The doorway to the brain is the top vertebrae of the spine known as the Atlas. If the Atlas is mis-aligned or “stuck” in a certain position, it can interrupt the communication to and from the brain, contributing to illness, brain fog, memory issues and sub-optimal performance.
3) Improve Nutrition. Increase your consumption of Omega 3 fats because they are an essential structural component of the brain, and yet the body cannot produce it. About 60% of the brain is made up of fats, and the cells in your nervous system require it. When cells are lacking in fat, they become stiff and are more prone to inflammation. Do you know if you are getting an adequate amount of Omega 3 fats? Learn more about BrainSpan Cell Health Assessment at https://www.brainspan.com/ .
4) Sleep More. Sleep is essential for regenerating the body to “reset” the brain. This holds true for infants and children too, as napping helps to boost brain power. Research is showing that while you sleep, the neural processes associated with learning and memory is strengthened.
5) Listen to Music. Music challenges the mind. Numerous studies show that music stimulates and strengthens the brain and helps to create new pathways. Besides being fun and enjoyable, music is good for the brain.
These are a few important steps you can take to strengthen your brain health and gain a higher quality of life. For more information, call 480-325-6977 to schedule a free consultation. The doctors at Foresight Chiropractic, the Valley’s premier Wellness Center, are Board Certified Atlas Orthogonal upper cervical specialists caring for families for over 18 years.