If you have experienced plantar fasciitis, you know how excruciating it can be! That pain in your heel or the arch of your foot can stop you dead in your tracks.
Plantar Fasciitis is inflammation in the thick band or connective tissue in the bottom of the foot that supports the arch.
The cause is not entirely know but risk factors include:
1) being overweight or obese
2) a sudden increase in activity or intensity
3) being on your feet for several hours a day
4) uneven leg lengths that may cause altered walking pattern
5) calf or ankle muscles that are not functioning properly causing the body to recruit other muscles
6) wearing worn out shoes with thin soles and little arch support for the foot
7) tight fitting shoes or high heels that may cause the toes to become weak, reducing their flexibility
Atlas Orthogonal, a very gentle and specific chiropractic technique, can help resolve and restore many of the issues surrounding plantar fasciitis. When the spine, beginning with the very top bone, C1 or the Atlas is out of alignment, every vertebrae is affected and stress is added to the nervous system. When that happens, the body cannot function properly and cannot function optimally. Problems left untreated over time turn into chronic issues.
Find Relief For Plantar Fasciitis
If you are experiencing foot pain or plantar fasciitis, sprained or twisted ankles, shin splints, or are prone to falling, call 480-325-6977 to schedule a free consultation with Dr. Keith Lavender at the Valley's premier Wellness Center. Dr. Lavender has been successfully treating athletes, sports enthusiasts, student athletes, and families for over 23 years. He is a Board Certified Atlas Orthogonal upper cervical specialist and certified Advanced Muscle Integration Technique practitioner. Check out the testimonials on ForesightChiropractic.com. Therapeutic Massage and BEMER vascular therapy is also available. Call today and enjoy life to your fullest ability.