Are All Your Muscles Functioning Properly?
Advanced Muscle Integration Therapy (AMIT), developed by Dr. Craig Buhler while working as the chiropractor for the Utah Jazz and based on the clinical kinesiology work of Dr. Allen Beardall, is a revolutionary advancement in sports medicine and chiropractic care. AMIT allows the practitioner the ability to isolate and test muscles for proper functioning.
Dr. Keith Lavender, DC, BCAO is a certified AMIT practitioner. He says that inhibited muscles create imbalances and areas of instability throughout the body, causing joint and muscle pain and reducing an individual’s ability to perform at their peak ability. The AMIT process “re-connects” and re-integrates inhibited muscles into the central nervous system, removing pain and increasing balance and physical performance.
The AMIT Process Explained
1. Testing the Muscles. An AMIT exam consists of testing approximately 600+ muscles and muscle groups to find muscles that test “weak” or are not working properly. When muscles or connective tissues are damaged, the body might “turn off” parts of the muscle system to prevent further damage. This can create imbalances, pain and stiffness, and also increase the likelihood of future injuries.
2. A chiropractic Atlas or C1 spinal check is the first step in re-activating muscles. When the Atlas or C1 is properly aligned, it can dramatically improve the function of the central nervous system because the brainstem runs directly through C1 and C2. When those first 2 vertebrae are out of alignment, it can cause pressure or stress on the brainstem and compromise proper functioning of the nervous system.
3. Reactivate Inhibited Muscles. The AMIT technique non-invasively re-integrates inhibited muscles into the nervous system. It reconnects the neurological link between the muscles and the brain. This restores function to your body, helps you recover from injury more quickly, removes pain, and helps prevent future injury to your body. Each muscle reactivation takes about 10 minutes.
4. Experience Immediate Improvement. After receiving AMIT therapy, patients notice immediate improvement in muscle strength and functioning. AMIT has been rigorously tested and has generated positive results with world-class athletes, weekend warriors, student athletes and active individuals for many years.
AMIT improves YOUR personal performance by providing:
· Accelerated Healing
· Increased Strength and Coordination
· Increased Range of Motion
· Reduced Pain
· Prevention of Future Injuries
· Correction of Muscular Imbalance and Joint Instability
Muscle Recovery Therapy For The Athlete
For more information and to schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. William Jarman or Dr. Keith Lavender, Board Certified Atlas Orthogonal upper cervical specialists and Certified Advanced Muscle Integration Technique (AMIT) practitioners, call 480-325-6977. At Foresight Chiropractic, the Valley’s premier Wellness Center, the caring Staff and Doctors work with each unique individual to develop a treatment program tailored specifically for each patient. Additional healing modalities are available when needed, including Low Level Cold Laser, BEMER vascular therapy, therapeutic massage, and nutritional support. Call today to learn more and schedule a visit to get your game back on!