Learn 6 tips to boost your immune system
In this video, Dr. James Chestnut shares the importance of boosting your baseline immune system and explains the research that is clearly behind the importance of including a sufficient amount of Omega 3 Fatty Acid, Vitamin D and A in your supplement routine. Tips to enjoying a healthier life include:
1) Quality, whole food supplements are key. We strongly encourage our patients to include the Fab 5 in their wellness optimization routine. This includes Omega 3 Fatty Acid with Vitamin A and D, whole food Vitamins and Minerals, Probiotics and Digestive Enzymes. These baseline supplements will provide the necessary and essential vitamins, minerals, flora and enzymes to help your body to function at its best.
2) Regular chiropractic care for adults and children. Chiropractic care is about more than neck and back pain -- it is about removing the stress from your central nervous system, which controls every other system, and allowing the body to heal, repair and function optimally. Chiropractic care is a natural, non-invasive way to support the body's innate healing abilities.
3) Sleep. The body requires optimally 7 to 8 hours of sleep for an adult, and longer for teens and children. Without sleep, your body is not able to repair and detox. It will be more prone to "breakdowns" and aging and is not able to function at its best. Sleep is essential or brain-fog, illnesses, aches and pains, and injuries will occur.
4) Exercise. Movement is life. The aging process accelerates with a sedentary lifestyle. The immune system is affected along with mental health. Obesity and chronic illness risk increases. Lean muscle mass is a strong determining factor in quality of health.
5) Diet. The saying "Let food be thy medicine and medicine thy food" is a famous quote by Hippocrates, father of medicine. It stresses the importance of food choices in your daily diet for the prevention and cure of illnesses. Reduce sugars and simple carbohydrates and processed foods that take a toll on the body and the immune system. To prevent illness, your food must feed and fortify your body. When there is a long list of ingredients or chemicals on a box or can of food, leave it on the shelf and select items with no more than 5 single ingredients that you know in a product. The best option is to shop the outside isle in the grocery store. Lean proteins, good healthy fats, minimal sugars and processed foods are an excellent way to boost your immune system and your health.
6) Reduce stress. Find ways to laugh and have fun, enjoying music, meditation and family and friends. Slow down the pace of your daily activities, taking a walk or stretching and deep breathing. Doing something you enjoy in nature is another excellent option. Do these daily to optimize your health.
Living a healthy lifestyle can seem expensive or complicated, but not near as expensive or complicated as living life going to multiple doctors and taking medications for serious illnesses or pain.
What The Research Clearly Shows To Build The Immune System
For more information or to schedule a free consultation with one of our Board Certified Atlas Orthogonal, gentle upper cervical doctors, call 480-325-6977. At Foresight Chiropractic, the Valley's premier Wellness Center, our caring staff has been partnering with families for over 21 years. Times are stressful and often it can be hard to find the right health partners. Check out our website for testimonials from other patients struggling with many of the same issues you may be facing. Atlas Orthogonal Chiropractic is very effective, precise and gentle--no popping or cracking. Enjoy a free consultation to discuss how Foresight can be the health center for you and your family today.