AMIT (Advanced Muscle Integration Technique) is a revolutionary advancement in sports medicine and chiropractic care. It is based on an understanding that when a muscle is overloaded beyond that which it can sustain, the Central Nervous System will inhibit (shut down) neurologically so the muscle or muscle groups will not sustain further damage.
Gilbert Chiropractor, Dr. Keith Lavender, is a certified AMIT practitioner. He says that once inhibited, muscles tend to stay inhibited, which creates imbalances and areas of instability throughout the body. This causes joint and muscle pain.
The AMIT process “re-opens” and re-integrates inhibited muscles into the nervous system, removing pain and increasing physical performance.
Three Steps to Improved Performance
1. Test the Muscles. A typical exam consists of testing approximately 600 muscles of the body to find the ones that are “weak” or not working properly. Based on these patterns of muscle imbalance, the practitioner will define the areas of your body that are unstable and predict where you will most likely experience future injury.
2. Reactivate Inhibited Muscles
AMIT therapy non-invasively re-integrates inhibited muscles into the nervous system. This restores function to your body, helps you recover from injury more quickly, removes pain, and helps prevent future injury to your body.
3. Experience Immediate Improvement and strengthening of the muscles
After AMIT therapy, patients notice immediate improvement in strength and functioning. AMIT has been vigorously tested and has generated positive results with world-class athletes, weekend warriors, student athletes and active individuals for more than 20 years. AMIT gives you:
· Accelerated Healing
· Increased Strength and Coordination
· Increased Range of Motion
· Reduced Pain
· Prevention of Future Injuries
· Correction of Muscular Imbalance and Joint Instability
To learn more, call the Valley’s premier Sports Therapy Center, Foresight Chiropractic at 480-325-6977. The Doctors are Board Certified Atlas Orthogonal upper cervical specialists and Certified Advanced Muscle Integration Technique practitioners. Extend your sports career, improve your balance and abilities, and reduce the potential for injuries. Enjoy your life living to your fullest potential! Call today.