Fall is upon us again – but with a much different twist this year. With cooling temperatures, shorter days, back to school activities and winter visitors returning to the Valley, all this added change and stress brings increased susceptibility to colds and flu.
The good news is you don’t need a flu shot to prevent the flu!
Regular chiropractic care reduces stress in the nervous system and enables your body's natural immune system to be strong without the harmful side effects of drugs. Along with chiropractic care, BEMER vascular therapy helps to improve the body’s overall health, energy and endurance. Increasing the circulation of blood, oxygen and nutrients to the smallest cells in your body – and removing metabolic waste – provides a positive influence on your health.
Try these other natural health practices to keep yourself healthier this season:
1. Improve Your Immune System Naturally. We recommend the Fab 5 daily: Omega 3 Fish Oil, Whole Food Vitamin and Mineral, Vitamin D3 & K2, Probiotics, and Digestive Enzymes. Eat unprocessed foods, fruits and vegetables along with your lean protein.
2. Get 8 hours of Sleep. Studies have concluded that lack of sleep can double your chances of getting a bacterial or viral infection.
3. Wash your Hands Often. The amount of infected bacterial and virus matter in the air and on surfaces is increased during flu season. Wash your hands with soap and water.
4. Keep Your Hands Away from Your Face. Infected “droplets” of virus are harmless on your hands. But if you put your fingers into your nose, eyes or mouth, the bacteria and virus can easily transfer and enter your upper respiratory tract.
5. Avoid Sick People. Be vigilant of avoiding people this year. Continue to avoid those not feeling well, and stay home if you are feeling sick. Infection passes from one to another. Continue to avoid crowds.
8. Get More Sun, Fresh Air and Movement. Your immune system depends on physical activity to pump white blood cells around your system. Make sure you get fresh air and move, sweat, bend and stretch your body. Enjoy outdoor activities that get you moving.
9. Stay positive and happy. Avoid negative, angry and dysfunctional people. Emotionally and spiritually unwell people impact your immune system. Likewise, negative input from television news can really bring you down.
For more information on how chiropractic care can help you and to schedule a free consultation, call 480-325-6977. The Doctors at Foresight Chiropractic, the Valley’s premier Wellness Center, are Board Certified Atlas Orthogonal upper cervical specialists caring for families for over 21 years. Call to schedule a gentle and precise adjustment and learn more about BEMER vascular therapy to boost your body’s natural immunity. Stay healthy and happy and enjoy your fall season in the Valley of the Sun!