10 Tips to Prevent Colds and Flu
You don’t need a flu shot to prevent the flu. Try these natural health practices to stay healthy this season.
- 1. Get 8 hours of Sleep. Studies have concluded that lack of sleep can double your chances of getting a bacterial or viral infection.
- Breathe Clean Air. Keep the air around you as clean and fresh as possible. Use an air purifier in your home or office that has an ionizer and HEPA filter to clean the air. Use plants to help filter the air.
- Wash your Hands Often. The amount of infected bacterial and virus matter in the air and on surfaces is increased during flu season. Wash your hands frequently with soap and water.
- Keep Your Hands Away from Your Face. Infected “droplets” of virus are harmless on your hands. If you put your fingers into your nose, eyes, or mouth, the bacteria and virus can easily transfer and enter your upper respiratory tract.
- Stay Warm. More and more studies are showing that a chilled body temperature makes you more susceptible to bacterial or viral infection. Bundle up and stay warm to keep your immune system strong.
- Avoid Sick People. Infection passes from one to another. Avoid sick people and avoid the flu.
- Get More Sun, Fresh Air and Movement. Your immune system depends on physical activity to pump white blood cells around your system. Make sure you get fresh air and move, sweat, bend and stretch your body.
- Avoid Negativity. Avoid negative, angry and dysfunctional people. Emotionally and spiritually unwell people impact your immune system. Likewise, negative input from television news can really bring your down.
- Regular Chiropractic Care. Getting regular care reduces the stress in the nervous system improving your immune system naturally.
- Eat Well. Reduce sugar and carbs while increasing organic fruits and vegetables and healthy fats. Take whole food multiple vitamin and minerals, whole food Vitamin C, and Vitamin D . Herbal supplements such as Dr. Shultz’s Super Tonic and Echinacea.
These are a few suggestions to stay healthy naturally. If you decide that a flu shot is right for you, take time to research what chemicals are being injected into your body. Check out our next posting to learn what is actually in a flu shot. To learn more, call 480-325-6977 to schedule a free consultation with a Board Certified Atlas Orthogonal upper cervical doctor at the Valley’s premier Wellness Center, Foresight Chiropractic. Call today and learn safe, natural ways to keep your family healthy.