What changes do you want for yourself in the coming year?
The end of another year is upon us, and it’s a great time to reflect on the past year and to make plans for the coming year.
What is your focus for 2022? Where are your strengths, and what areas need more of your attention? Health -- Finances -- Relationships? Are you creating an action plan or researching options?
To create a fresh new start for the year, focus on creating a detailed vision for achieving your life desires.
“If you set goals and go after them with all the determination you can muster, your gifts will take you places that will amaze you.” Les Brown
What is Goal Setting? A basic definition is the process of identifying something you want to accomplish or improve, and then setting measurable and achievable objectives and timelines to help you achieve your desired outcome. Set progressive goals – smaller steps – to help you achieve small wins along the way and keep you motivated toward achieving your bigger outcomes.
“A goal properly set is halfway reached.” Zig Ziglar
Setting goals and writing them down helps you determine what is really important to you, and sets the priority for your actions and the measurement of your progress. Goals are the roadmap to your success. Without writing them down, they are no more than a wish. Goal setting helps you to overcome procrastination and to see your dreams. It is the vehicle to move you to the life you want for greater happiness and fulfillment.
“Goals--There’s no telling what you can do when you get inspired by them. There’s no telling what you can do when you believe in them. And there’s no telling what will happen when you act upon them.” Jim Rohn
Here are a few tips to help you get started:
1. Brainstorm ideas of what you want to achieve and improve in the next year -- and even five or ten years out. Just write down everything you think of without judgments.
2. Review your list and notate short-term and long-term desires. How long it would take to achieve these?
3. Review your list again and prioritize—the ones that you are most passionate about -- and on those write why they are so important to you.
4. Evaluate your priorities and turn them into S.M.A.R.T. goals. Are they Specific? Measurable? Achievable? Realistic? Timebound? Did you set a specific timeframe?
5. After creating your S.M.A.R.T. goals with purpose and intention, display or post them where you will see them daily. Another great tool is making a vision board. Visualization is a powerful tool. Keep your goals front and center in your mind.
6. Share them with a trusted and supportive family member or accountability partner.
7. Review often. Focus on your achievements.
“By recording your dreams and goals on paper, you set in motion the process of becoming the person you most want to be. Put your future in good hands—your own.” Mark Victor Hansen
If your health is a priority and if you struggle with how to get healthier, find a qualified wellness partner to support you. January is a perfect time to focus on cleaning the body and detoxing – especially after months of quarantine, reduced activity, and indulgence in excess carbs, sugar, or alcohol. You don’t have to make giant steps all at once; success happens with action, one step at a time.
Foresight Chiropractic, the Valley’s premier Wellness Center, is here to partner with you, guide you, and help you with your 2022 wellness goals. Call 480-325-6977 to schedule your complimentary consultation.
Our caring Doctors are Board Certified, Atlas Orthogonal, gentle upper cervical specialists and Certified Advanced Muscle Integration Technique practitioners, serving families and professional athletes for over 22 years. Additional services to help the whole body include BEMER vascular therapy, therapeutic massage, nutritional support for your specific genetics, essential oils, and low level cold laser therapy.