Do you want to tap into your full potential, improve your memory, slow down your aging process and strengthen your brain?
Practice these essential behaviors to strengthen your brain and boost your overall quality of life:
1) Exercise! Exercise increases the amount of good chemicals in the brain and supports increased blood flow that feeds, strengthens and repairs the brain. Even a 20-minute walk or robust workout helps facilitate your brain’s information processing and memory. Exercise stimulates brain plasticity by stimulating cell growth and new neuronal connections, according to studies from UCLA.
2) Receive Upper Cervical Chiropractic Care. Your brain and nervous system, called the Central Nervous System, is the master control system of your body. The spinal cord and nervous system housed in the spine is the communication network to every cell, organ and gland in the body. The doorway to the brain is the top vertebrae of the spine known as the Atlas. If the Atlas is mis-aligned or “stuck” in a certain position, it can interrupt the communication to and from the brain, contributing to illness, brain fog, memory issues and sub-optimal performance.
3) Improve Your Nutrition and Focus with Healthy Fat. Increase your consumption of Omega 3 fats, because they are an essential structural component of the brain. Almost 60% of the brain is made up of fats, and the cells in your nervous system require it. When cells are lacking in fat, they become stiff and are more prone to inflammation. Because your body does not produce Omega 3, reduce your intake of processed foods and sugar, and increase the amount of vegetables in your diet. Adequate healthy oils, Vitamin D, probiotics, B Vitamins are also essential.
4) Quality Sleep. Sleep is essential for regenerating the body to “reset” the brain. This is true for infants and children too, as napping helps to boost brain power. Research is showing that while you sleep, the neural processes associated with learning and memory is strengthened. Sleep naturally and peacefully. Give yourself permission to sleep.
5) Listen to Music. Music challenges the mind. Numerous studies show that music stimulates and strengthens the brain and helps to create new neural pathways. Besides being fun and enjoyable, music is good for the brain.
At Foresight Chiropractic, we focus on supporting your healthy lifestyle goals. From Atlas Orthogonal adjustments to Advanced Muscle Integration Technique therapy, BEMER Vascular Therapy to enhance blood flow and oxygen in the micro-vessels, massage therapy, and BrainTap, we help you strengthen your body and your brain to gain a higher quality of life. For more information, call 480-325-6977 to schedule a free consultation. The doctors at Foresight Chiropractic, the Valley’s premier Wellness Center, are Board Certified Atlas Orthogonal upper cervical specialists caring for families for over 21 years. Call today and find hope you have lost, restore and optimize your health.