The end of 2020 is here, and it is a great time to assess the past year and make plans for the coming year.
What is your focus for the New Year? Health? Finances? Relationships? Are you creating an action plan or researching options? If you want to create a fresh new start for the year, focus on creating a detailed vision for achieving your desires in life moving forward.
“If you set goals and go after them with all the determination you can muster, your gifts will take you places that will amaze you.” Les Brown
What is Goal Setting? A basic definition is the process of identifying something you want to accomplish or improve, and then setting measurable and achievable objectives and timelines to help you achieve your desired outcome. This year has shown us the benefits of a healthy lifestyle, so possibly that is an area you would like to improve. Try to set progressive goals – smaller steps – to help you achieve small wins along the way and keep you motivated toward achieving your bigger outcomes.
“A goal properly set is halfway reached.” Zig Ziglar
Why are setting goals and writing them down important? It helps you to determine what is really important to you and sets the priority for your actions and the measurement of your progress. Goals are the roadmap to your success. Without writing them down, they are no more than a wish. Goal setting helps you to overcome procrastination and to see your dreams. It is the vehicle to move you to the life you want to greater happiness and fulfillment.
“Goals. There’s no telling what you can do when you get inspired by them. There’s no telling what you can do when you believe in them. And there’s no telling what will happen when you act upon them.” Jim Rohn
Here are a few tips to help you get started:
1. Brainstorm ideas of what you want to achieve and improve in the next year and even five or ten years out. Just write down everything you think of without judgments.
2. Review your list and notate short-term and long-term desires. How long it would take to achieve these?
3. Review your list again and select your top goals—the ones that you are most passionate about -- and on those write why they are so important to you.
4. Evaluate your priorities and turn them into S.M.A.R.T. goals. Are they Specific? Measurable? Achievable? Realistic? Did you set a specific timeframe?
5. After creating your S.M.A.R.T. goals with purpose and intention, display or post them where you will see them daily. Another great too is making a vision board.. Visualization is a powerful tool. Keep your goals front and center in your mind.
6. Share them with a trusted and supportive family member or accountability partner.
7. Review often.
“By recording your dreams and goals on paper, you set in motion the process of becoming the person you most want to be. Put your future in good hands—your own.” Mark Victor Hansen
If your health is a priority and you struggle with what to do and how to do it, find a qualified wellness partner to guide you. January is a perfect time to focus on cleaning the body, detoxing after months of quarantine indulgence in excess carbs, sugar, and alcohol, and moving more to counter a more sedentary lifestyle. You don’t have to make giant steps all at once; success happens with action, one step at a time.
Wellness is not just the absence of pain and how you feel, but according to the World Health Organization, “health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.”
Foresight Chiropractic, the Valley’s premier Wellness Center, is here to partner with you, guide you, and help you with your wellness goals. Call 480-325-6977 to schedule your complimentary consultation.
Our caring Doctors are Board Certified Atlas Orthogonal, gentle upper cervical specialists and Certified Advanced Muscle Integration Technique practitioners, serving families and professional athletes for over 21 years. Additional services to help the whole body include BEMER vascular therapy, therapeutic massage, nutritional support for your specific genetics, essential oils, and low level cold laser therapy.
#atlasorthogonal #uppercervical #goalsettingtips #BEMER #sportstherapy #bestchiropractor #bestwellnesscoach