Do you worry about memory loss or have a family member who is showing signs of dementia?
Your brain health is a critical component to your quality of life. While we can’t stop the aging process, we can slow it down and take steps to promote healthy aging. We cannot change our genes, but we can change how our genes express or how our cells control gene expression without changing our DNA.
This is the science of Epigenetics. Our environment and our lifestyle determine which genes get switched on or off. With the exception of a few genetic illnesses, you do have the power to influence your future, even if your family has experienced chronic illnesses.
Healthy habits that can be easily included in a wellness lifestyle include:
1) Atlas Orthogonal upper cervical chiropractic care. Reducing stress from the central nervous system, which is protected by the spine, allows all other systems to function optimally. Atlas Orthogonal, a very precise and gentle advanced technique, focuses on the top two bones of the spine that affect the communication and cerebral spinal fluid flow to and from the brain. If the top bone, the Atlas, is out of balance, it affects EVERYTHING in the body, contributing to illnesses, brain fog, migraines, memory issues, and sub-par performance.
2) Eating Well. Be conscious of what you eat. Skip the fast-food spots, choose minimally processed foods, eat Organic whenever possible, and increase your intake of vegetables and fruits, healthy fats, and pastured meats. Reduce processed carbs and sugar.
3) Whole Food quality supplements. In today’s environment, it is nearly impossible to get all the nutrients your body requires. We recommend supplementing with a high-quality Omega 3 fish oil, Vitamin D3, Probiotics, whole food vitamins and minerals, and digestive enzymes.
4) Exercise. Exercise increases the amount of good chemicals in the brain and supports increased blood flow.
5) Sleep 7 – 9 hours. Sleep is critical for regenerating the body and detoxing the brain. This is equally important for infants, children, teens and adults. Research shows that while you sleep, the neural processes associated with learning and memory is strengthened.
6) Relaxation. Find a way to relax and de-stress through music, laughter, meditation, or prayer.
7) Enhance blood flow. BEMER, a wellness device used in Europe for over 21 years, enhances targeted blood flow effecting the microcirculation in your body, which is 74% of the blood system. BEMER helps to increase the flow of blood, nutrients and oxygen to the cells and assists with the removal of metabolic waste to promote healthy aging and increased energy, strengthened cardiac function, memory, performance and recovery, sleep and relaxation.
These therapies can and should be added to your lifestyle to enhance your life and help you gain a higher quality of life. To learn more, attend one of our complimentary community wellness workshops. Call 480-325-6977 for the schedule and to set up a free consultation with one of the Board-Certified Atlas Orthogonal upper cervical doctors at Foresight Chiropractic in Gilbert, AZ, the Valley’s premier Wellness Center. Learn about the different services offered including BEMER vascular therapy, BrainTap, therapeutic massage, nutritional guidance and Advanced Muscle Integration Technique Sports Therapy. Call today!