Be Healthy and Happy During the Holiday Season
The holiday season is a time of year to enjoy family, friends, and food. However, it can also be a time of stress and anxiety. Here are some habits to help you stay healthy and happy during the holidays:
- Set Realistic Expectations. The holidays are portrayed in movies and TV shows as being a perfect time of year. However, the reality is that the holidays can be stressful and hectic. Set realistic expectations for yourself and your family. This will help you to avoid disappointment and frustration.
- Prioritize Self-Care. Make time for yourself to relax and recharge. This could involve taking a bath, reading a book, getting a massage, or spending time outdoors.
- Stay Active. Get regular exercise, even if it's just for a short walk or some gentle stretching. Exercise is a great way to relieve stress and boost your mood.
- Eat Healthy Foods. Focus on eating healthy foods, such as organic fruits, vegetables, and pastured meats. Avoid processed foods, sugary drinks, sodas, and excessive amounts of alcohol.
- Get Enough Sleep. Most adults need around 7-8 hours of sleep per night. Getting enough sleep will help you to feel your best both physically and mentally and allow your body and brain to detox.
- Connect with Loved Ones. Spend time with the people you love. This could involve having family dinners, going to holiday parties, or simply spending time together at home.
- Give Back to the Community. Volunteer your time or donate to your favorite charity. Helping others is a great way to feel good about yourself and spread the holiday cheer.
- Take Breaks When Needed. If you're feeling overwhelmed, step away from the festivities for a few minutes to collect yourself.
- Say No When You Need To. Don't feel obligated to attend every event or activity. It's okay to say no if you're feeling overwhelmed.
- Enjoy the Moment. Take some time to appreciate the little things. Slow down and savor the special moments of the holiday season.
- Focus on your health and wellness! Get regular chiropractic adjustments and wellness care to maintain a strong immune system and reduce the stress on your body. Gentle chiropractic – like the Atlas Orthogonal care – provided by Foresight Chiropractic -- is especially important during busy, hectic times.
For more information and to learn about the Atlas Orthogonal gentle chiropractic specialty, call 480-325-6977. Board Certified, Dr. Keith Lavender, DC takes the time to listen to your concerns and issues. The staff is amazing and cares for each individual. Join the family and take your health to new heights. Gift Certificates are available. The best gifts include gentle chiropractic, therapeutic massage, BEMER vascular therapy, and Muscle Regen. Call and learn more about these treatments and ask about same day appointments.
Relax and make yourself a priority. Your health is your first wealth!