Reduce Inflammation Through Chiropractic and Diet
Inflammation is a natural process that helps the body heal from injury or infection. However, chronic inflammation can lead to a variety of health problems, including heart disease, cancer, and Alzheimer's disease.
One way to reduce inflammation is to eat a healthy diet that includes plenty of anti-inflammatory foods. One of the best sources of anti-inflammatory foods is healthy oils.
Chiropractic care helps to reduce and eliminate stress in the nervous system allowing the body to naturally self-regulate reducing inflammation.
Inflammatory oils high in Omega 6s that are best to eliminate from your diet:
Corn, Safflower, Sunflower, Soy, and Vegetable
Healthy oils that reduce inflammation:
There are a number of different healthy oils that can help reduce inflammation. Some of the best options include:
- Olive oil: Olive oil is a good source of monounsaturated fats, which have been shown to reduce inflammation.
- Avocado oil: Avocado oil is another good source of monounsaturated fats and polyphenols. It also contains vitamin E, which is a powerful antioxidant.
- Flaxseed oil: Flaxseed oil is a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, which are especially effective at reducing inflammation. Omega-3 fatty acids also help to boost the immune system and protect against heart disease.
- Walnut oil: Walnut oil is another good source of omega-3 fatty acids. It also contains vitamin E and other antioxidants.
- Omega 3 fish and krill oil supplements. Select high quality.
How to use healthy oils to reduce inflammation:
- Use healthy oils for cooking: Healthy oils can be used to cook foods, including vegetables, meats, and fish. Be sure to choose oils with a high smoke point, such as avocado oil or coconut oil, for high-heat cooking methods such as frying or grilling.
- Add healthy oils to salads and dressings: A simple vinaigrette made with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and Dijon mustard is a delicious and healthy way to dress your salad.
- Use healthy oils in dips and sauces: Healthy oils can also be used to make dips and sauces. For example, you can make a simple hummus dip by combining chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, and olive oil.
- Eliminate canola, vegetable, and soy oils from salad dressings and packaged foods that you purchase. These are generally genetically modified, highly processed, and contribute to inflammation.
Tips for choosing and storing healthy oils:
When choosing healthy oils, it is important to select high-quality oils that are cold-pressed and extra virgin. Cold-pressed oils are extracted from the fruit or seed using a mechanical process that does not involve heat or chemicals. Extra virgin oils and coconut oils are the least processed type of oil and retain the most nutrients and flavor.
Once you have chosen your healthy oils, it is important to store them properly. Oils should be stored in a cool, dark place in a tightly sealed container. This will help to preserve their quality and flavor.
Gentle Atlas Orthogonal upper cervical care:
Chiropractic is natural, holistic health care based on science. It is the philosophy, science and art of finding and gently correcting interference to the nervous system. When stress is removed, the body can self-regulate and heal. The central nervous system communicates with and controls and coordinates ALL other systems of the body. The nervous system is protected by the skull and vertebral segments.
To learn more, call 480-325-6977 and schedule a complimentary consultation with Board Certified specialist, Dr. Keith Lavender, who has been successfully treating patients for over 24 years. Nutritional consultations are available and individual treatment plans to reduce inflammation and reduce and eliminate pain, restoring and optimizing health. Ask about same day appointments!