Any time is a good time to schedule a spinal checkup – especially when you are not experiencing any pain or other symptoms. This will allow your doctor to assess your spine and nervous system and identify any potential problems early on. There are also some specific times when it is especially important to get a spinal checkup:
- After an accident or injury. Even if you don't have any immediate pain, it is important to get your spine checked after any accident or injury, as even minor injuries can lead to long-term problems.
- If you have a family history of spinal problems. Some spinal problems, such as scoliosis, can run in families. If you have a family history of spinal problems, it is important to get regular checkups to monitor your spine health.
- Newborn babies have just gone through the amazing event of birth, which can impart effects on their spines. The best gift to a healthy head start in life is getting a spinal checkup soon after delivery.
- Toddlers are always falling as they learn new activities. The healthiest start to growing is a periodic spinal checkup.
- Tweens and teens in sports and activities. Emotional stress can take a toll on the spine and nervous system. Sports impacts can be another big hit to the spine.
- Adults involved in sports and wanting to stay as active as they can for as long as they can. It is not uncommon to stay active well into your 80’s if good care is taken along the way.
- If you are over the age of 50. As you age, your spine becomes more susceptible to problems such as arthritis and osteoporosis. If you are over the age of 50, it is important to get regular spinal checkups to help prevent and diagnose these problems early on.
- If you have a chronic health condition. Some chronic health conditions, such as diabetes and obesity, can increase your risk of developing spinal problems. If you have a chronic health condition, it is important to get regular spinal checkups to monitor your spine health.
- If you experience any pain or other symptoms in your neck or back. If you experience any pain, stiffness, weakness, or other symptoms in your neck or back, it is important to schedule a spinal checkup to determine the cause of the problem and get appropriate treatment.
To learn more about how the condition and alignment of your spine affects your whole health, call 480-325-6977 and schedule a complimentary consultation. Ask about a same day appointment. Dr. Keith Lavender is a Board Certified gentle, upper cervical specialist successfully helping families for over 25 years. Complimentary wellness classes are held monthly. Ask if Muscle Regen, BEMER vascular therapy, Low Level Cold Laser, or Therapeutic Massage may aid in your recovery and performance optimization.